half a Bear's Paw
So the Bear's Paw block got about halfway to completion last night. I steamed ahead of most of the other women because I'm impatient and hate messing around. Thankfully I had the sense to double check before I started the cutting out bit. :-) Not sure my medium and my light fabrics have enough contrast to pop, but it's early days on the table runner.
My buddy Jen had a lot of hassle with her machine, since it was a Janome and not a Pfaff, I couldn't really help her. We also found out that Dana is moving away, which I was very sorry to hear, because she's a neat lady and I like her laid-back instruction. She did say she would be back as a guest instructor from time to time, so I should pay more attention to Judy's calendar in future.
We have a homework assignment for this week - finish the Bear's Paw block and have it ready to go next week, because she wants to teach us quilting and binding and we're already halfway through the class. Don't know when I'll get a chance - either tonight after the Walmart shopping trip my DH and I have planned, or on Monday while I'm nursing my blisters and heat rash.
1 Comments:
well, that was part of Jen's problem. I'm not knocking them - I'm just unfamiliar with them is all. It had a drop-in bobbin, which I've never used - all my machines have been set up differently. Just sayin'.
Do you have the manual for it? Then you can figure it out. C'mon woman, it ain't rocket science. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home