Friday, May 28, 2004

Back again... I might even sew something this weekend

My indefatigable friend Kate who creates blog entries pretty much daily about her spinning activities has spurred me on into restarting my blog. I'm a slacker, it's true. Shrug.

Well, I got hitched on May 1st (May Day! Mayday!) and am back from the honeymoon (which was fan-tab-u-lous) and am wondering what to do with my now-ample spare time. I have a few ideas, some of which involve sewing. Finishing redecorating the house and buying furniture so we can get our stuff off of the floor (BTW, we've been in the house three years). Straightening out our finances. Doing some essential home maintenance - painting the fence that is about to fall over. Putting the last three years of photos and whatnot into scrapbooks (seriously amateur scrapbooks - no Creative Memories for me!) and finishing up a myriad of half-done sewing projects.

But first... an update on some of the other sewing that I have done.

Baby Fleecey thingies - I made two of these - one for my cow-orker and friend Ken's new daughter Kaylie, and one for our new nephew John (who's back in England) Both came out well, the second one better than the first (as always) and I must admit Kate was right, fleece was very easy to work with, and these baby fleecey things sure are cute.

Wedding Veil - I made my own veil. Everyone should - it was pretty easy, the materials cost me $10 and I saw something extremely similar on sale for $150. If my regular career falls through, I'm going into the weddding and/or baby gift business.

Wrap Skirts - I made a mid-calf length and a just-above-the-knee-length wrap skirt for the honeymoon - McCalls 3145 was the pattern. They advertise it as a 1 Hour Skirt. Ha! I must be the slowest seamstress on the planet then - they were NOT one hour skirts - although they do put in the disclaimer that this is not the laying-out, pattern-pinning and cutting out time - just the time at the machine. It still wasn't an hour. Harumph!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home