shaping up nicely
The table runner project is indeed shaping up nicely. I like it a lot better now that there is more of the dark (blue) fabric on it - when it was just the light (cream) and medium (green), I was very iffy on the look - not enough contrast, I think. Dana pointed out that it looked better further away, which was definitely true. Most of the seams match up, I didn't float any of my points (yeah!) even though I didn't pay a ton of attention while I was sewing them. A few are slightly cut off, but not so much that you would really notice if you didn't lean down and scrutinize it. Not too bad for a first quilt project at all.
Should really take a picture of the damn thing. :-)
Today's task is to pin the backing, batting and top together and quilt-in-the-ditch and then echo the paw and triangles. Tie off the stitching by 'popping our knots' although that is not what dirty Dr. Dana said in class. ;-) Next week, we bind and finish. And that's the last class. Overall, I give it two thumbs up - learned a lot and had fun doing it. I'll be keeping my eye out for when Dana comes back to guest-teach.
On other sewing fronts, I gave the finished girly baby blankets to my friend who had the twin daughters the other night at Girls' Night Out. Much alcohol was consumed, although not by me - I only had two Shiners, since my stomach was hurting me. It appeared the blankets survived the boozy evening. Must finish my cow-orkers baby gift and give it to him, then the duckie set and then (maybe) start a memory quilt for the Three Day. We shall see. It may be a bit much for a beginner to take on...

1 Comments:
Heather, you lush.
FWIW, you're not the only one. DH and I polished off two bottles of red watching "Sideways" last night, and I'm paying for it today.
Post a Comment
<< Home